Nope, I am not referring to the wedding..I am in training today (as I am almost 3 times a quarter), but this training is particularly interesting and practically applicable as it is entitled "Presenting for Impact"...basically teaches you how to present better - which is an essential requirement in corporate America...
Now although this kind of training doesn't reveal any great insights (as do others that deal with personality types - Myers-Briggs indicator, etc.), the trainer videotapes your presentations and replays it to evaluate your performance. Surprisingly and fortunately, I don't look particularly mortified and paralyzed in fear when I present, but I definitely feel that way!
Here were this bunch of friendly people who were in the same position as me...and I went up there and could almost feel my arms shaking and my eyes twitching..they say fear of presenting is the #1 fear in the world, death comes 2nd!!! Fortunately, it really doesn't show, when I see it on tape....but my voice and my actions/body language don't seem to gel - I sound confident but my body language speaks otherwise...
quite telling I must say...I really need to brush up on these skills and I'm hoping the next 2 days help me...some of the exercises seem unnatural but nevertheless fun...
one of the tips our coach gave us is to stand in a cafteria line and straighten out and maintain your posture...or to do the same in an elevator - ride up 30 floors everyday....
Too lazy to put this into practice, but worthwhile for all those of you who find yourselves in my position every so often....
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment