Monday, March 19, 2007

the long and winding road.....

Boston and NY got dumped with snow and ice this weekend and of course, the weather forcasters had to dramatize the whole effect...but to be honest, it was pretty bad...so bad that all flights, trains and buses were canceled from Boston-NY...so that meant going to NY to see Axe before his trip to London was a mere dream....

Now, if any of you know me really well, u know that once I make up my mind about doing something or getting somewhere, it becomes almost an obsession to accomplish it....so, I bravely set forth into neverland (the airport i mean)....confident that I would overcome this insurmountable challenge....little did I know it would turn out to be a long 8 hour ardous journey as opposed to the 45 min journey it usually is...

first, there were about 200 people waiting in line to re-schedule canceled flights (mine was a friday reservation - day of the snowstorm) while thoose with a saturday reservation waltzed into the airport and were happily assisted to catch their flights. Second, all 200 or so hungry, tired, frustrated passengers were made to wait in the same line regardless of the destination - why couldn't the airline just segregate eevryone by their destination and start checking us in or inform us if we couldnt travel that day?? I mean, how hard is such logical thinking?

to beat it all, we started hearing rumors that all flights were sold out and those who couldn't depart because of the snowstrom had to again re-schedule for sunday...yes! its our fault there was a snowstorm and oh yes! absolutely our fault that flights are overbooked and you won't fly more planes!!!

after waiting 2 hours in line, I got soo frustrated that I marched upto the ticket counter and demanded a seat or else all hell would break loose...here were my exact words "look lady, I asked you before, i'll ask you again, are the flights overbooked - am I getting onto the next one...if not, just tell me and I'll get outta here...I don't understand why you guys have such a hard time punching in three numbers and getting me onto the next flight or telling me to go to hell" - that and the smoke coming out of my ears did the trick and I managed to get onto the 11:30AM flight to New york....but wait, thats not where this saga ends....the 11:30 got delayed to 1:30 and just as we were about to board, we were told there was a maintenance issue...by this point, I was ready to cry....but someone else's story made me realize the virtue of patience (or resignation)....an engaged couple (with an adorable 2 year old) had missed their wedding in Florida..yes! believe it or not, missed their wedding...so then I decided to stop wallowing in self-pity and start praying fervently for a 2pm departure...

so the looong and winding road finally did lead me to his door and it was all worth it:-) moral of teh story - patience pays....lol...moral of the story - check the weather before booking a flight and NEVER EVER think of flying on a snowstorm weekend..

so now I'm confused which of these 2 songs makes more sense for the pilgrimage to axe's dharamshala.....the beatles or vanessa carlton....

2 comments:

Nithin said...

Whatup Lady Namu... I think you owe me a shout out for giving you that name.

Can't believe that couple missed their wedding... who flies on the day of their wedding. Dumb asses.

"Lady Namu" said...

hahahaha yes Nithin...you do deserve a special mention on my blog...but the "lady namu" nick has two separate sources....actually my next blog post will cover that;-)

but you still deserve some kudos!!!