Monday, February 5, 2007

and the partying never ends....



This weekend was very eventful...a bunch of my colleagues and my old BU friends got together for a co-worker's (Amanda's) 30th bday....the reason the BU folks were there was because my colleage - Amanda and I went to school together, so you'll never guess, but I was the common link!!! It was a surprise party for her - she was kinda depressed having reached the BIG 30 (now I know some others really close to me who reached the same number this year but seem perfectly happy, so I'm guessing Americans make too much of a big deal - say wot?)

Boy! was she surprised....she's soo demure and politically correct, but by the end of the nite, believe me, she had made some strong statements;) of course, we can blame it all on a few tequilla shots!!!

Met up with some really old friends of mine who were super shocked to know the developments in my life and in the other "desis" life...I mean one dude's jaw almost dropped...and the fun din't end there, as one of our old friends came out of the closet...I mean I always knew, but it was a giant leap for mankind;)

sat nite I went out with my darling bostonian cousins for salaam-e-ishq...i mean 4 hours long - cmon!!!! apart from the "desperate to do it" bhojpuri couple, there wasn't really "much funny" in the movie...and by 1AM I had had enough!!!! it was full of cliched dialogues, cliched love stories and even more cliched endings.....gotta hand it to John A. and Viday Balan though - they pitched in 2 phenomenal performances, in an otherwise fairly predictable and loud movie....I should have guessed - Govinda and the "bare-chested" dude figure prominently....wat more could we expect?

sunday was spent at swati dd's place...Ujjwal just gets cuter and cuter!!! he has started developing stranger anxiety..so I heard a earful from swati dd abt not visiting them more often...he looks like hes a gerber baby or sumthin...hes jst sooo sooo cute...if it hadnt been for aunty's (swati dd's mom) DELICIOUS chicken curry and bhindi fry, I would have goblled Ujjwal's cheeks up!!!

Sunday nite was again spent in great depression thinking about the week ahead...but not to worry..stay tuned for my tues nite concert details:):)):)

PS Superbowl anyone? I don't follow sports at all, but everyone at work talks about - so decided to log onto superbowl.com - check out the game stats and keep TV on mute for the entire game EXCEPT the ads!!! Ok! i know this is blasphemous for all u sports fans...but if u havent guessed already from my blog, I have quite a life....hahahaha...stay glued to this space for more;)

2 comments:

Priya said...

chill madam - a huge chunk of America watches the superbowl only for the food and the commercials so you're not the only one ;-)

Anonymous said...

well all i have to say is "ja ji le apni jindagi"
Ujjwal surely looks real cute :) Enjoy your concert tonight!