Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Mission Accomplished...




Shooting for the Stars and boy! did we get there fast...the Walk for Diabetes was this past Sunday and was a phenomenal success. There were atleast 500 people who showed up for the walk, including toddlers and those on crutches..its heart rending to see such enthusiasm, courage and dedication. I am still awaiting the stats on how much we collected and how many walkers actually did the 4 mile walk, but it was extremely satisfying to walk with fellow fundraisers for a common cause!

It was a balmy day with plenty of fuel (ironically, MacDonald's sponsored the fruit packs!) to keep us going all round the Charles river esplanande, across Boston and into Cambridge. As soon as I started the walk, I chanced on a rainbow across the river, created by a boat splurting water (that's the best way I can describe the phenomenon!). A beautiful sight and testament to the fact that there is still hope, there is always hope for a cure!

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement, monetary and otherwise. This was a very worthy cause and good practice for The Walk for Breast Cancer on October 14.

2 comments:

Vidya said...

おめでっとうございます :)
go girl... we're rooting for you...

Ruchi said...

way to go!! i am so proud of you for getting up early in the morning and actually going for the walk!