Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Gift of Caffeine


I am a caffeine addict...let's just say it runs in my South Indian blood...but I don't drink just any coffee...I am pretty particular about the places I pick up my latte or espresso from every morning...now, let's just say the stars aligned one fine summer afternoon and I met Akshay's colleague and drinking buddy - Mr. R who apparently is a true connoisseur of all things gourmet, including espresso.

He was kind enough to take us coffee tasting (Yes! I know we do a lot of tastings!!!) and we ended up at Nespresso - this very cool, frou frou coffee bar on Madison Avenue, where I tried a few different espressos, and like the Lungo the best...we also tried a special blend from India called "Jalayantra" which was mucho good...I thought it had a cardamom flavor but Akshay thought it was simply too strong and not like south Indian coffee at all...well, the first of many differences (ahhh!).

But the real sweetener to the coffee experience came from Mr. R himself who gifted me...errr...us, a beautiful espresso set based on the Jalayantra theme...Thank you, Mr. R - you will be in our thoughts every morning, (fortunately or unfortunately)...when we struggle through a cuppa, dreading the long work day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never thought of R as a drinking buddy.