Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What would you think if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me?

This weekend we went to a Karaoke bar in the East Village of Manhattan...I couldn't believe I could yell into a microphone as much as I did that night..and honestly my voice sounds plain pathetic over the mike..I was pretty disillusioned coz I assumed I was a pretty good bathroom singer...

But the disappointment soon wore off thanks to some rocking selections we ended up jamming to as well as some alcohol that definitely helped loosen up the nerves...I think my Jūhachiban was "yellow polka dot Bikini" and Bon Jovi's "its my life"..we tried some 50 cent and Kanye West, but seriously, hip hop ain't good for Karaoke.

Towards the end of the night, we were all vying for 2 mikes and shouting out the songs...it was a most memorable time, so much so, I think Akshay almost lost his voice...we then hit two more bars in the East Village and by the end of the night, had decided, this wasn't going to be our last Karaoke experience, but rather the first of many...

As always, Beatles songs were the first choice, and in the spirit of Karaoke, I end this post saying....

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.

PS: Forgot to add that "Summer Nights" from the movie soundtrack Grease was especially well sung by the couples;-)

6 comments:

Swati said...

No, I won't walk out, I'll just gag you. :-D

Vidya said...

Jūhachiban???
すごい ね!!! じょうず

"Lady Namu" said...

veyr cool Vee..I'm impressed:)

Swati said...

Ok, I've added many more pieces to my Etsy shop today...Ujjwal was cooperative :-). Will be adding more each day...

Thanks for adding my link on the left margin! :-D

Anonymous said...

Did'nt know you sang in the bathroom! Thats why you take so long to dress up!
Mummy

Ruchi said...

I would seriously invest in ear plugs if i have to go Karaoke with you :) or will need lots of alcohol to get thru the night :)