Thursday, August 23, 2007

California Love!!







This weekend was spent in sunny California..San Fransisco, to be precise...celebrating the fact that my brother and sis-in-law are expecting a little bundle of joy (and losing countless nights of sleep and learning how to change diapers...). We had a sort of Indo-American baby shower, with the traditional aarti as well as games and tons of food and gifts...There was one "odd couple" - the European Prince and his "juggler" counterpart..they truly made all the games very interesting...they were quite a match for the couples...Apna Aksinder singh wasn't too bad either..he won a prize for a word game...

I am ECSTATIC to be an aunt...I get dreams about being called "namu aunty", no..wait.."namu bua"..no..."namu atte"..well, whatever the lil kiddie calls me, its sure going to be spoiled by its aunt..spoilt rotten!!! My sis-in-law was absolutely beaming, especially after receiving a jewelry set from ma...but seriously, my brother and sis-in-law have never looked happier...I'm waiting to see the change after the baby is born!!!

On Sunday, we headed to Napa Valley..America's very own wine country...Thanks to a friend, we got free passes to go to Sterling Vineyards - a gorgeous Greek style winery on top of a hill overlooking the valley....we rode up in a cable car, did a self-guided tour complete with couple wine stops and then tasted more wine on a patio again, overlooking the valley..it was just breathtakingly beautiful...and the wine we liked the most was the Malvasia Bianca - a dessert wine sold only at Sterling...the Cabernet Sauvignon was best at The Robert Mondavi Winery...my second time to Napa, and the sweeping landscapes still amaze me...it's just so beautiful there, the little water lilies, the green hills, the rose gardens and of course, any and every type of wine you can dream of...Seriously, If I was a millionaire, my wedding would definitely be there....

It was a perfect end to a weekend of fun and festivities in Sunny California.. On the way back from Napa, Akshay and I couldn't stop singing California Love by Tupac...

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Hi Namu! It is Natasha. I got a new blog on the same acount. It is called http://lifehowyouwant.blogspot.com/
See Ya!
-Natasha