So I am back from my weekend sojourn to NYC!!!! as always its been a hectic weekend...not to mention extremely tiring because of all the mishaps and all the fun...so lets start with the mishaps...I had a 7PM flight on friday nite, and I made it to the airport at 6:30....oh cmon! i wasnt sleeping or partying...I was at work for a change!!!! I get there, the woman at the check-in counter (who was atleast 60!!!! and obviously technically challenged) couldnt find my reservation....so she took another 20 mins (during which I was this close to pulling my hair out and screaming in anguish)...at the end of her long discovery process, she looks at me irritated and says, "btw, u do know the 7PM flight has been CANCELED"..I swear I could have eaten her alive at that point!!! neways, after that I got stuck at security where they did a lengthy check on my handbag which is basically the size of a wallet...so I have no idea what they were checking...I ceratinly cudn't fit in my lipstick there, let alone a "sharp object"....but the worse part was I cudnt meet my really close friend for her birthday dinner and the after party, something the "dude" had planned!!!! Got t0 NY at 10 and waited in line for a cab..I mean wat is up with that??? in boston, we get cabs right away and ppl help out....NYC folks r sooo "stuck up"!!!!
so now to the fun parts....we pushed our nite out to saturday....and oh! wat a nite that was...it made up for all of the "turmoil" of Friday night....we went to dinner to this pretty awesome Cuban restaurant (http://www.azucarnyc.com/media/guantanamera.html) - except for the fact that we couldn't hear each other across the table (or maybe because of the fact....) we had an awesome time..the mojitos were pretty amazing, the live band was pretty decent and of course, so was the company:) it was a bunch of "dude's" and my friends....thanks to shweyta, ashish, kat, raj and saurabh for an awesome time...and the others who joined us later....then we went to zanzibar...a bar in hell's kitchen for drinks and that was real fun...(details shall not be shared publicly!!!) we partied till 4 and went to kathi roll for a snack at 4...as u can guess, I dint have the appetite or the energy to enjoy kathi roll as I usually do....(http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/kati-roll-company01/) oh!!! and to my LOSER friends - u guys r getting old..learn to loosen up a little more and not leave a bar at 11!!!!!
sunday was spent sleeping and lunch at pongal with my sweet bud - jai, who reminded me that it was pongal when we were at pongal...ya wateva!!
so that was the weekend....it was pretty good...and i love being able to do such stuff once in a while....so my message to all of you out there...party it up while u can...hahahaha
so its back to my monday morning blues and it wont stop raining here...oh ya, and welcome back sidh and ruchi - missed u guys and I certainly hope ur following my blog very carefully!!!! hehehehe
and I am very soon gonna start a pros-cons list for NYC vs Boston...feel free to chime in for either.....but I'm a bostonian, remember!!!!
more later....
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Namrata,
Just saw this post on your blog. I am glad you had a good time in NYC that night. Hope to see you again soon.
Post a Comment