Monday, January 8, 2007

A little bit more about my eventful weekend


So since I have decided to innudate you with posts about my weekend today, I'll start with how eventful my weekend was...friday night - "the dude/ stud muffin" (whatever anyone wants to call him) arrived and we had a small birthday celebration for him, complete with cake, 10 gifts and dinner....

saturday was 70 degrees in Boston (record temperatures) -seriously can someone gimme an accurate explanation of why that is?!?!?! anyways I am not complaining...in case you don't know..I hate snow!!!

we went to swati dd's place for lunch (shes a close friend of ours) and has an adorable family....(pics to follow) there were all kinds of goodies from chicken curry to matar paneer!!! we really pigged out...then went to see "body worlds" at the musuem of science....http://www.bodyworlds.com/index.html it is truly "original, authentic and inspiring" and of course, in some parts scary and nauseating (seriosuly, they display real human brains!!!)...but I have gotta admit it truly is breathtaking....these r real human bodies that have been dissected in almost artisitic ways to display our bone and muscle structure....very interesting except that I was walking around in 2 inch heels and was quite tired at the end of the day....

finally, we capped the day by heading out to buy "the dude" a watch..and boy! is there a hole in my wallet now..hahaha..we fought at the counter for 20 mins with him refusing to let me pay....it was quite the "desi" sight!!!

sunday, arjun n rema invited us over for a delicious brunch alongwith aparna-parag (see pic).....we had such a good time, rema had made dosas, vadas and upma, and we really pigged out again....we ate soo much..some of us were unable to get up from our seats....thanks to the hosts who in true "kannadiga family" ishtyle helped us meet our south indian food cravings!!

coming to think of it...I spent a lotta time eating this weekend....but worked it out in the gym too..oh well, so much for self assurance....

so that was pretty much a packed weekend...stay tuned for pics from the sunday brunch and thanks to all those who fed me:):):)

No comments: